VH1 and Republic Records announced the 24 finalists for their 24-hour livestream competition “Make A Band Famous.” and you can check the list after the jump. The event will happen on June 11th in Brooklyn and the grand finale is on June 12th. See the press release and how to be part of it below.
NEW YORK (June 5, 2014) – After nearly half a million votes, VH1 and Republic Records are proud to announce the 24 finalists for the 24-hour livestream competition “Make A Band Famous.” The unprecedented event, hosted by The All-American Rejects frontman Tyson Ritter, will be livestreamed from Brooklyn, New York starting June 11 at 8PM ET/5PM PT at MakeABandFamous.VH1.com and in the VH1 App. Fans in the New York City area can attend the live finale in Red Hook, Brooklyn on Thursday, July 12th. For more information, visit 1iota.com.
On May 1, VH1 and Republic Records invited unsigned music acts to upload a 15-second clip of one of their original, unpublished songs to Instagram with the hashtag#MABF. Fans then had the chance to cast their votes via social media and push their favorite acts closer to Brooklyn, a live showcase at Brooklyn’s Northside Festival, the support of an extended multi-platform “VH1 You Oughta Know” program and signing with Republic Records. After an overwhelming number of submissions, the final field has been whittled down to 24 bands.
The Final 24:
- An Old Friend: Alternative, Medford, NY
- Aquile & The Orbit Group: Neo-Soul, San Diego, CA
- Bro 5: Pop/Rock, Ridgefield Park, NJ
- Cheezy and the Crackers: Easy-Listening, Philadelphia, PA
- Chris Ayer: Singer/Songwriter, Los Angeles, CA
- David Paige: Pop/Rock, Chicago, IL
- Dead 27s: Roots Rock, Charleston, SC
- Dirty Du: Contemporary R&B, Silver Spring, MD
- fancy reagan: Pop/Rock, NY, NY
- Good Night Alive: Indie Rock, Macon, GA
- John and Luke: Alternative, Indianapolis, IN
- Malado Music: Hip-Hop, Springfield, MA
- Pastele: Pop, Livingston, NJ
- RAHBI: Pop/Rock, Atlanta, GA
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise: Alternative, Boone, NC
- Ratham Stone Pop/Rock, Orlando, FL
- Spectators: Indie Rock, Chicago, IL
- The Assembly Line: Alternative, NY, NY
- The One Seven Four: American Trad Rock, Stillwater, OK
- The Serotones: Rock, Miller Place, NY
- The Silent Scene: Pop, Fairfield, CT
- Tonny Memmel: Singer/Songwriter, Nashville, TN
- Two Worlds: Pop, Aurora, CO
- Tyke T: Hip-Hop, Memphis, TN
The finalists will compete in a series of challenges over the 24 hours, such as learning a cover song in an hour, reimagining a classic hit with toy instruments, busking for money and fans in Williamsburg and much more. At the end of the competition, one band will reign supreme and seize the opportunity of a lifetime with Republic Records – the label that enjoyed Nielsen Soundscan’s #1 Market Share in 2014 and continues to grow rapidly – and VH1.
“Make a Band Famous” also offers a unique viewing experience to its audience, where viewers will be exposed to an uncensored, uncut livestream from multiple cameras that will stream simultaneously. The viewer will have access to performances, interviews, the green room, the judges’ opinions and the groups’ anxiety as they compete for their big break. In addition to the livestream, “Make A Band Famous” will be heavily pumped out throughout the day on VH1’s television lineup and its social platforms. All 24 hours will be raw, uncut and uncensored on VH1.com and the VH1 App starting Wednesday, June 11th at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT.
For more information on “Make A Band Famous,” visit MakeABandFamous.VH1.com