Prince Died of Opioid Overdose

The Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed on Thursday that Prince, who was found dead in his Minnesota home on April 21st, died from an accidental fentanyl overdose.
A Minnesota medical examiner says Prince died of an accidental fentanyl overdose.

The report from the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office was issued Thursday, more than a month after the music superstar was found dead at age 57 at his Paisley Park mansion.

The single-page report said Prince "self-administered fentanyl," referring to a synthetic opioid many times more potent than heroin.

The report was signed by Quinn Strobl, the office’s chief medical examiner.


Related articles